800 W. Marietta St. NW Atlanta, Georgia 30318 | Phone: (305) 794-5977 | E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Halfwaytohappyness.wordpress.com
Objective: To secure an entry-level position at a publication that documents contemporary art, music, fashion and culture.
Georgia State University – Atlanta, Georgia Expected Graduation Date: May 2017
B.A., Journalism – Film and Video (Minor) August 2014 – Present; GPA: 3.35
Miami – Dade College – Miami, Florida January 2014 – May 2014
Clark-Atlanta University – Atlanta, Georgia August 2013 – December 2013
Writer, Saint Heron.com October 2015 – June 2016
• Composed articles featuring various entertainers, products, trends, covering events and more.
• Pitching ideas for each section of the site.
• Transcribe interviews of various entertainers
• Prepare posts for Saint Heron’s Twitter account
Writer, BE Magazine August 2015 – September 2015
• Created articles featuring local Atlanta music and lifestyle artists
• Assisted with graphic design, format and layout of magazine.
• Promoted magazine on various social media platforms
Style Guru, CollegeFashionista.com May 2015 – August 2015
• Captured high quality street style photographs around college campus and downtown Atlanta
• Entertained audience with weekly style report articles featuring student interviewees on the College Fashionista website
News Reporter, The Signal September 2014 – December 2014
• Directed on and off site interviews with local authorities and residents
• Conducted research to obtain factual information
• Wrote editorial pieces and pitched ideas on local and breaking news events in the metro-Atlanta area
• Assisted with designing section layouts for weekly featured stories
Server, J Alexander’s December 2015 – February 2016
• Greeted patrons and escorted them to assigned tables
• Presented menu to patrons and answered questions regarding menu items and make recommendations upon request
• Rung-in, prepared and served beverage orders to guest
• Communicated with guests throughout dining experience to ensure needless service
• Processed payments and transactions for patrons via MICROS
Server, LGC Associates September 2015 – November 2015
• Assisted with clearing tables after patrons finished dining
• Set up, cleaned and maintained food stations and dining areas
• Rolled silverware, filled salt, pepper and condiments accordingly.
Community Recruiter, ASA College (North Miami Beach, FL) May 2014 – July 2014
• Explained information regarding admissions requirements and program benefits to prospective students and parents
• Provided support to social media outlets, marketing and reaching targeted audiences
• Arranged promotional events, successfully increasing enrollments
• Represented college and provided multi-campus support during registration, special events and tours
Bank Teller, South Florida Educational Credit Union, Miami, FL October 2012 – May 2013
• Provided account services to customers
• Recorded and processed transactions for customers
• Provided exceptional customer service to members and prospect members of the Credit Union
• Answered telephone inquiries regarding service charges and account information.
• Examined checks and deposited funds
Experience with Blogger, WordPress and Squarespace
Experience with Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr
Attention to detail, communication skills and ability to work comfortably with a large team.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Publisher, APA Style
Ability to capture stories through photos, write smart, engaging and occasionally funny
Photography (DSLR), practical knowledge of Photoshop, Photoscape and FinalCut Pro
Time Management, adhering deadlines
Patience and Organization Skills